Monday 10 December 2012

Inspiration

Humans are by nature usually a social bunch.  We emulate heroes.  We tend to follow peers.  Most of us are sheep not shepherds.

There are lots and lots of people in my own life that inspire me to varying degrees and in different ways in many areas of my life.  This post I wanted to share with you 2 of the people that are inspiring for me on my 12wbt journey.

1.  Group fitness Superstar Instructor Denise at my gym Inspired Life Kalgoorlie.  She is so outgoing, funny and she blows me away with her strength and fitness yet she never makes me feel like I'm out of place in class.  Even if everyone else in the class are being superstar planksters up on their toes I feel perfectly ok doing the best I can on my knees.  She encourages me to keep going and to push that little bit harder.  What I love most about her is that she seems to love and enjoy life.  She is the epitome of 'balance'.  She loves coffee, wine and food, in another lifetime we could be soulmates!  This is us at the gym Xmas party.



2.  My friend Karene who is responsible for me knowing about the 12wbt.  I've known Karene for a few years just through friends of friends, same Playgroup, Facebook, etc.  I've always loved Karene, she's very bubbly but I definitely saw the change in Karene since doing the 12wbt and it wasn't all physical.  Her whole persona is now just more driven, outgoing, positive, joyous and she encourages and pushes without making it feel like you're getting a lecture or telling off!  She herself will tell you the 12wbt was good not only for her physical health but her mental health as well.  Here is a glimpse of her physical transformation.

and here we are enjoying ourselves at the gym Xmas party.  We left early at 10pm as we had 8am Bootcamp the next morning.  Our trainer however did not and respect to him for showing up (hungover and red bleary eyed!) to kick our butts after getting home at 4am!  What a champ!



Please let me know.  Who inspires you and why?


2 comments:

  1. my Les Mills Bodystep instructor Sue inspires me just by being up the front of the class, looking fit, healthy and terrific and obviously enjoying what she does. She's always encouraging and sometimes we have a chat after the sessions about where we are both at. She makes me enjoy her classes too. She's one of my fav classes and a "do not miss" for a Wednesday morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those instructors are worth their weight in gold aren't they? Actually probably more than their weight right because they're light ;)
      Are you enjoying the new release Bodystep? The spiderman leaps are a bit of a fun change aren't they?

      Delete